As one of the most used appliances in your home, it’s important to give your microwave a regular cleaning. In this article, we are going to inform you of the simple steps to clean it with a lemon. Lemons contain natural acids that make them excellent for cleaning. Stains and loose debris will be removed easily when the acid comes into contact with them.
If you don’t have a lemon at hand, don’t worry; we will also discuss other cleaning methods using products like baking soda, white vinegar, and regular dish soap. Let’s get started.
Steps to Clean Your Microwave with Lemon
All you need to clean your microwave with lemon is a single large lemon, a microwave-safe container, gloves, and a cloth. The best part of using lemon is that it does all of the hard work. All you need to do is place it in the microwave with water, and the moisture will start to clean your appliance.
Follow these step-by-step instructions to clean your microwave with a lemon:
- Fill a microwavable jug or container halfway up with room-temperature water.
- Take your lemon and cut it in half.
- Place half of the lemon in the water – giving it a quick squeeze first (into the water). Place the jug or container in your microwave.
- Turn it on for 3 minutes on high heat.
- After 3 minutes, open the door and remove the jug or container.
- Put on a pair of gloves. Place a clean cloth into the water and rinse it out (make sure it isn’t too hot).
- Take the plate out and wash it in the sink. You can use some lemon juice mixed with hot water.
- Thoroughly wipe the microwave out. Once clean and dry, put the plate back into the microwave.
Clean Your Microwave with Baking Soda
Don’t have a lemon? No problem. There are other great natural and chemical-based cleaning ingredients you can use. One of the best is baking soda. Baking soda can cut through grease and grime and help remove stains. All you need is baking soda, a microwave-safe bowl, and a cleaning cloth.
Follow these steps to clean your microwave with baking soda:
- Fill a microwaveable safe bowl or container with 1 cup of cold water and 2 tablespoons of standard baking soda.
- Place the bowl or container in the microwave.
- Put it on high for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, open the door and remove the bowl or container.
- Take the microwave plate out and wash it in the sink using a few tablespoons of baking soda and hot water. Rinse and wipe to dry.
- Put on a pair of gloves and wipe the microwave out with a clean damp cloth.
- If there are any stains or debris left in the microwave, sprinkle baking soda over them and use a non-scratch brush to remove them.
- Once clean, wipe the microwave out and put the plate back in.
Clean Your Microwave with White Vinegar
White vinegar is another natural yet powerful cleaning agent. It has long been used for cleaning appliances and surfaces in homes. Not only does it clean your appliance, but it disinfects it too. All you need is white vinegar, a microwave-safe bowl or container, and a pair of safety gloves.
Follow these steps to clean your microwave with white vinegar:
- Fill your microwave-safe bowl or container with 2 cups of water and 2 tablespoons of white vinegar. Some people also like to put a couple of drops of their favorite essential oil in the bowl too to dampen the vinegar smell.
- Put the bowl or container in the microwave and turn it on high for 3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes, remove the bowl or container (wear a pair of safety gloves or use a tea towel).
- Open the microwave door and remove the microwave plate. Clean the plate in your sink using a few drops of vinegar and hot water. Once clean, dry the plate.
- Wipe the microwave out with a damp cloth. If there are any stubborn stains, pour some vinegar on them and scrub them off with a non-scratch brush.
- Once clean, dry your microwave and put the plate back in place.
Clean Your Microwave with Dish Liquid
The final method for cleaning your microwave we want to tell you about involves using dish liquid. Any standard dish liquid will get the job done. Just like natural cleaning products, the dish liquid will attack any stains and help you remove loose debris from your appliance. You only need dish soap, a bowl or container, a sponge, and a damp cloth.
Follow these instructions to clean your microwave with dish soap:
- Start by taking the microwave plate out and washing it in hot soapy water.
- Fill a container or spray bottle with warm water and a few drops of dish liquid.
- Use a sponge to clean the inside of the microwave. If there are any hard-to-remove stains, use a non-scratch brush.
- Once clean, dry the microwave. You can then put the microwave plate back into your appliance.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.