When hiring someone you don’t know to come into your home and perform appliance repair tasks on something you own (whether it’s a dishwasher, refrigerator, dryer, washer, or something else), it makes sense that you would only want the best of the best. But how can you be sure that you have found the very best repair technician? In this post, we will introduce you to nine qualities you should look for in an expert appliance repair technician.
- A Great Repair Technician Will Happily Show You His Credentials: A reputable appliance repairman will have no issue with showing you his credentials when you ask for them. It’s perfectly acceptable for you to want to see such things as proof of insurance and a license before allowing him to come into your home and work on your appliance. Additionally, a great repair technician should also have plenty of references on hand for you to speak to.
- A Great Repair Technician Will Have a Solid Reputation:Speaking of a great repair technician who has plenty of references they can provide you with, they should also have plenty of glowing reviews. Before deciding to hire a repair technician, speak to a few of their references. If everyone you speak to has overwhelmingly positive things to say, it is a very good indication that you are picking the right person for the job. Additionally, you can check customer testimonials on the repair technician’s website as well as other reviews online such as on Google or Facebook.
- The Ability to be Transparent About Pricing: You will definitely want to get a price estimate on a job before hiring a repair technician (or anyone, for that matter). It should be taken as seriously concerning red flag if the repair technician is unwilling to give you a price estimate or seems to be vague about the issue. At the same time, a reputable repair technician will let you know if he anticipates any extra, unexpected costs could arise (this should typically be factored into the total price estimate). Finally, in the estimate, he should be able to provide you with a sort of itemized list of expenses including labor and materials.
- The Willingness to Answer Any of Your Questions: Not only should a great repair technician be able to answer your questions about anything from a leak in your washing machine to an electrical problem with your oven, they should also be skilled at explaining complicated concepts to you. The mark of a good repair technician is one who can translate certain things into terms you can understand. If a repair technician seems flippantly vague about something or irritated by the prospect of having to explain important things to you, consider hiring a different repair technician.
- The Right Repairman Always Comes Prepared: This should just be a given, but it is worth mentioning more than once. An expert repairman comes to every job prepared and equipped with the right tools. You should never be expected to supply a repair technician with tools yourself and if they do indeed need to purchase something they don’t already have (such as a missing part for your appliance), that should be factored into the price estimate and clearly explained in advance.
- The Best Repair Technicians Respect Their Clients’ Homes:Again, this should go without saying, but any decent repair technician understands the importance of respecting a client’s home. Some repair jobs could last a full day, so they will be completely respectful of the space they are working in. The best repair professionals will make sure any home furniture is completely protected before they go to work on the appliance. Finally, the best repair technicians will keep their work space tidy and will clean up after themselves completely, once the job is finished.
- A Great Repair Technician Understands The Value of Time:Your time is precious and a great repair technician knows not to waste it. If a project is taking longer than anticipated, he will let you know immediately so that you can adjust to a new time frame. And a reputable appliance repair technician will not make a repair project take longer than necessary. It’s not uncommon for dishonest repair technicians (and contractors in general) to drag out a project and thus rack up a customer’s bill. But a respectful and reputable repair technician will be up front with you about the total length of a repair job and will alert you to any unexpected changes in the schedule.
- They’re Not Afraid to Correct Mistakes: You could be the best repair technician in the world and still not do everything perfectly. It’s just a fact of life. The difference is that you want to work with a repair technician who will be honest if or when they make a mistake. Not only should they be transparent with you about it, but able to readily fix the mistake so it does not become an inconvenience for you. Be wary of any appliance repair technicians who claim to do everything perfectly.
- They Will Have Your Best Interest at Heart: A great repair technician will have your best interest at heart, especially if your broken appliance needs new materials or a new part. The right technician will be knowledgeable about the different types of appliance parts and the best brands. There is a delicate balance of finding an appliance part that is made of high quality materials and yet does not cost more than it should. The right appliance repair technician will find materials that won’t cost you an arm and leg, but will also last for many years.
Are you looking for more information on how to find the right appliance repair technician for your appliance repair needs? Or is there an appliance in your home in need of fixing? Please don’t hesitate to contact us today with any questions or concerns you might have. You can also visit our official website to view our extensive list of appliance repair services and learn more about our expert repair team.