The door latch assembly on your Frigidaire dishwasher model FGCD2444SA ensures the door is closed and locked before the appliance starts. The part is also equipped with a sensor that cuts off power to the dishwasher when the door is opened. A faulty door latch will either affect the door’s ability to close properly or prevent the dishwasher from turning on. While both symptoms are concerning, replacing the door latch is actually a fairly simple repair that shouldn’t take long to accomplish.
Appliance Repair Safety Tips
- Before you start repairing your dishwasher, unplug it and turn off the water supply running to the appliance.
- Protect your eyes and hands by wearing safety glasses and work gloves as you swap-out the damaged door latch.
- If you run into any issue while replacing the door latch on your dishwasher and you no longer feel as though you can safely complete the repair, please contact an experienced appliance repair technician to finish the job.
How to Replace the Door Latch Assembly on Your Frigidaire Dishwasher
- To gain access to the door latch you’ll need to take off the dishwasher’s front panel. In order to do this, open the appliance door and unthread the two screws at the bottom of the inside panel. Once the screws are out, partially close the dishwasher door and pull the front panel off the appliance.
- Next, unthread the screws on the inside panel that secure the control panel assembly to your dishwasher, then lift the control panel off the front of your appliance.
- Behind the control panel, you’ll find the door latch assembly. Before disconnecting the two wires running to the latch, either take note of the terminals each wire belongs to or take a picture of the connections to reference later. Now disconnect the wires and unthread the screws holding the door latch assembly to the front of your dishwasher.
- With the faulty door latch removed, grab the new assembly and secure it to the front of your dishwasher. Then, connect the wires that run to the part.
- Now that the door latch assembly is secure, you can start reassembling your dishwasher by replacing the control panel and rethreading the screws that hold it in place. Once that’s done, reinstall the front panel.
- To finish off your repair, plug-in your dishwasher and turn on its water supply.
If you replaced your dishwasher door latch and the appliance continues to malfunction, please contact us today, and we’ll be happy to help you diagnose the faulty part.